New Construction

Return to NMWCA

As of November 26, 2015, new structures in the NMWCA, including those approved with a discretionary land use permit, must offset new water use on a 1:1 ratio through the purchase water offset credits prior to construction permit issuance. New structures include single family dwellings, mobile homes, secondary units, guest houses, commercial buildings, and pools.  Offsets are not required for additions, replacement dwellings, and expansions of existing structures.  


If the property contains a domestic well, a water meter must be installed and a well meter inspection must be conducted.

For more information on policies, fees, and programs that apply in the NMWCA, please choose one of the following options: