Return to NMWCA

The County's Building and Construction Ordinance (Title 19 Section 19.07.042) requires that all new or existing wells that serve new development that overlie or use water from the NMWCA must have a well meter installed.  Meter installation must be verified by the County Public Works Department prior to building permit issuance.  

The property owners or responsible party designated by the property owner must read the water meter and record the water usage on or near the first day of the month.  These records must be maintained by the property owner or responsible party and may be subject to inspection only by code enforcement pursuant to a violation investigation. 

For more information on policies, fees, and programs that apply in the NMWCA, please choose one of the following options: