New Construction

Return to NMWCA

As of November 26, 2015, new structures approved through discretionary permits in the Paso Robles Groundwater Basin must offset new water use on a 1:1 ratio through the purchase water offset credits prior to construction permit issuance. New structures include single family dwellings, mobile homes, secondary units, guest houses, commercial buildings, and pools.  Offsets are not required for additions, replacement dwellings, and expansions of existing structures.  


If the property contains a domestic well, a water meter must be installed and a well meter inspection must be conducted.

For more information on policies and fees related to new construction that apply in the NMWCA, please click on the buttons below.